Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Comments 4 Teachers

fish in water

I followed Meaning of Life or 42 as my Comments4Teachers assignment.

I explored a link to learning theories the idea, "Learning is about behaviour change", really stuck in my mind.It reminded me about Dr. Strange talking about Burp Back Education, when Mrs.Holmwood talks about teaching outside the core curriculum, I see this as a rebellion to teach what the student needs, in a way they will remember. So often educators are given instructions are given to teach a test not teach so they remember the material. She has created a slap poem for a class that she took that is awesome!

Mrs. Holmwood has made a video that is exactly the experience most of us are getting in EDM310 right now! Her video does a wonderful job taking the viewer through a tour of the possibilities, which I am finding to be endless. I had to look up Second Life, that was a new one for me. Guess, I can barely keep up with reality!

Mrs. Holmwood has helped her students create a great site on YouTube, her students are full of talent and she have found it! She has helped them take their hidden wonders and bring them out for the world to see! It is wonderful that she take the time with her students to learn and try new things. I will visit "CinemaOwls" often, so I can check out the latest production.

No comments:

Post a Comment